Mercy Johnson Okojie is a Nigerian-born actress, film director, and producer born on 28 August 1984. She attended a secondary school in Rivers State for her secondary education before she proceeded to the Nigerian Navy Secondary School in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Immediately after her secondary education, she went and auditioned for a role in the movie titled “The Maid” and since then she has been featured in so many other movies. Famous among those movies are Hustlers, Baby Oku in America, and War in the Palace.
Quick Facts About Mercy Johnson
- Born: 28 August 1985
- Place of birth: Lagos state
- Occupation: Actress, entrepreneur, and politician.
- Sun sign: Virgo
- Marital status: married
- Children: 4 children
- Country of origin: Nigeria
- Net worth: $5 million
- Awards: 2013 best actress in AMVCA Award.
Mercy Johnson Education
Her primary education was in Calabar and Lagos, while her Secondary education was in ‘Rivers State, and then completed it in the Nigerian Navy Secondary School in the same Port Harcourt, River State. She failed her ‘University Matriculation Examination’ (UME), which led her to embark on a career in acting.
Mercy Johnson Career
Right after her secondary education, she went for her first audition in a role in The movie “Maid” and since then has acted in other movies such as Hustlers, Baby Oku in America, and War in the Palace.
She won her first award in 2009, for best-supporting actress in the 2009 edition of the African Movie Awards. she got the award for her role in “Live to Remember. Then in 2013, she won the AMVCA for playing the comic role in DUmebi the Dirty Girl.
In December 2011, she was listed by Google as Google’s most searched Nigerian celebrity, a position she also held in 2012. And on the 1st of April 2017, she was appointed as the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the Kogi state governor on entertainment, arts, and culture.
Mercy Johnson with a host of other Nollywood stars such as Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jalade, RMD, etc was banned from acting. the decision was however reverted in March 2014.
Her debut film as a producer was the movie “The Legend of Inikpi“.
Mercy Johnson’s Net Worth
AMercy Johnson’s net worth is about $5 million. She gets this sum from movies, endorsements, promotion contracts, etc.
Mercy Johnson Award and Nomination
Mercy Johnson has a long list of awards and nominations. The notable ones are listed below:
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role (AMAA 5th Edition)
- Best Supporting Actress (Live To Remember)
- Best Actress In Leading Role (Weeping Soul), 2012
- Best Actress in Comedy, AMVCA 2013
- Popular Choice-Female (Herself), Nollywood 2014
- Actress Of The Year, 2018
- Best Actress (nomination), 2009
- Best for Supporting Actress (The Maidens), 2010
- Best Actress -West Collaboration (Shakira), 2010 Ghana Movies Awards
- Best Actress (Heart of a Widow), 2011
- Best Actress – Africa Collaboration, 2011
- Best Actress (Facebook Babes)
- Best Actress – Africa Collaboration (Wild Target), Ghana Movie Awards
- Best Actress- Viewers Choice
- Best Actress Lead Role (Dumebi)
- Best Supporting Actress (Hustlers), 2014
- Best Comedic (nomination), 2014
- Best Lead Actress and Popular Choice-Female, 2014 (Nomination)
- Best Actress – Africa Collaboration, 2015
Mercy Johnson’s notable movies
- The maid
- Into temptation
- The house party
- Women in power
- Lost to lust
- Sweet mama
- Kill the bride
- Under the Sky
- Under control etc
Contact Details of Mercy Johnson
You can contact her through the following social media handles
- Twitter: @realmercyj
- Facebook: Mercy Johnson Okojie
- Instagram: @mercyjohnsonokojie
- LinkedIn: Mercy Johnson Okojie
Thank you for staying in touch with Dailygam.com. See you next.